How to get a completely new email address?

Go to solution Solved by C_Dub,

I have reset my email address several times and it keeps giving me a version that starts with 'pesky_human..' do not know where this is coming from and would like it to be something related to my name or whatever. All of my profile information is up to date and it should reflect something from there, I would think. How do I go about getting a different base for my email address?

em.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I find that my email address to email notes to starts with the name on my Evernote account (i.e., the name of the account). If your account name is pesky_human, that would do it. (If it's not ... could I have it? 😄)

Thanks! Yeah - I opened my Evernote account over a decade ago and it sat dormant for a long time. I would like to change that account name. I see there are a bunch of places to change your account name, but not sure which one would fix this issue. I had figured that what you mentioned was the case, but have not found any instance of Pesky_Human in the Evernote profile / settings. 

As an aside, Pesky Humans was an art / music project I had back in the day. I know that Evernote was not just giving me this out of thin air, although that would be pretty amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Weirder all the time. (But not the art/music project--that sounds interesting.) This is probably going to be a job for support (we're other users here), which requires a paid subscription: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If it's a free account, you can subscribe for just one month, then drop back to free once it's sorted.

5 hours ago, C_Dub said:

As an aside, Pesky Humans was an art / music project I had back in the day. I know that Evernote was not just giving me this out of thin air, although that would be pretty amazing.

When I saw this thread last night I jokingly thought that it was Evernote's forth-coming AI implementation that had gotten out of control and become self aware. The beginning of the end for us pesky humans. 🤣😬

Agent Smith: “Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we… are the cure.” – Matrix

Anyways, I looked at my own email address and it's a combination of my first and last name, but it is different from my email address. I couldn't find my last name anywhere in the account settings, but at one point it's possible that I had it there somewhere.

Wonder if there is a setting or something that was available and is now hidden?

No ideas either.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Weirder all the time. (But not the art/music project--that sounds interesting.) This is probably going to be a job for support (we're other users here), which requires a paid subscription: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If it's a free account, you can subscribe for just one month, then drop back to free once it's sorted.

I do have a paid account and will reach out to them - thanks! I thought it was something obvious that I was just missing...

• Like 1
  • Solution
On 5/14/2023 at 2:23 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Let us know what you find out!

So I just had a chat with Evernote. They had to go change my system username, which only they can change (not user updatable). This gave me an email address related to the new username and problem solved. 

Good support experience I have to say. 

• Like 1