Cannot remove inaccessible shared notes.

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hello All,

During my yearly Evernote tidying, I have noticed that some of the notes shared with me are not accessible anymore, which is not a problem. However, I was unable to find a way to clear the "Shared with Me" page of the notes which I can't access anymore.

Is there a way, or is it overlooked, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

H.

• Level 5

When a note is shared to you, and the person who shared it simply deletes the note on his account, it leaves an orphaned shared note in your account.

Since this is not your note, you can’t delete it. And since the sharer hasn’t got it any more, he can’t do anything either.

You can only try to move it to an „orphan“ notebook. Or contact support…

41 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

When a note is shared to you, and the person who shared it simply deletes the note on his account, it leaves an orphaned shared note in your account.

Since this is not your note, you can’t delete it. And since the sharer hasn’t got it any more, he can’t do anything either.

You can only try to move it to an „orphan“ notebook. Or contact support…

Thanks for your reply. Actually the situation is more complicated than that.

• I can actually access this note from "Notes" list, and it's in a shared notebook.
  • I can't access this note from "shared with me" list.

Looks like it's a shared note, which is moved to a notebook, shared by me, and things gone awry. I duplicated the note, and deleted the offending one, but it's still in the list. I may delete the note from the "sharing account" too, and if it doesn't fix the problem, I'll contact support.

I have definitely have hit an edge case, and uncovered something awry in the process.