Missing data from notes after latest auto-update on app on MAC.

Im using the "Free" version of this app on a MAC for desktop and Android for mobile. On Mac, it got automatically updated today to the below version.  

10.56.9-mac-mas-public (459840)
Editor: v168.1.20898
Service: v1.68.4

After the update, one of my main notes has data missing for last one month. I have a daily log of work done so that I can bill clients based on that but suddenly the data is missing and the most recent record I can see is from April 14. Yet to bill client for work done in past 2 weeks and now I do not have any log of that data. 

Im almost always up to date as I do not ignore any recent updates so my previous version was also the "latest" version at that time. I have not touched the app on my phone recently so it has nothing to do with the phone version. 

I have no idea how to recover this data and no idea how many other notebooks are affected. Many months ago, the "Sync" button was present and when clicked, it would sync properly but this real-time sync has so many problems that I regularly keep getting "notebook conflict" message even if I am using only one device 95% of the time. 

Please assist with how I can recover the missing notes from my local machine and how to avoid this situation in the future using the "Free" version. Of course, last resort is to just use another app/service but trying to avoid that at this time.