Can You Insert a Phone Number

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I tried searching but the terms are so common, I couldn't find anything relevant. So is there a way to insert a phone number into a note in such a way that it's clickable on the mobile ios platform? I found I had to select all the numbers and then use the option on iphone to call that number. It would be nice if you could just click the number and have it dialed for you. I was using a note that had some information I needed for a phone call. So I created the task inside the note and then just typed in the phone number below the task and before the info I needed for the call. On my iphone I was hoping to just click the phone number and have it call but no such luck.

Very strange. I checked and that setting on the iOS app was already set as you suggested. I then went to the note containing the phone number (using desktop) and it had turned into a clickable number.

So I used my desktop again to type in a phone number in the same note and then reopen it on my iphone. It wasn't clickable. It obviously had synced or it wouldn't be visible yet. Then on my iphone, I typed a new phone number in without deleting any of the other ones, and it was clickable but it also made the one I'd created with desktop clickable.

I wonder what is going on?

• Level 5

Quite simple: This is a setting of the EN iOS client. When you type a number, the client recognizes it may be a phone number, and converts it.

It will not automatically search all notes edited on other clients, and convert numbers. And it will not search all notes for numbers, and make them clickable.

It is no server based function. And it will convert many numbers into „phone“ numbers - which often is a nuisance. I have it switched off. I can select any number and choose from the popup menu „call this number“. That’s an iOS function, independent from the EN app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One can do the following

1. Enter Text for name of the number
  2. Highlight this text
  3. Use "Insert Link" (or the shortcut Ctrl/CMD+K)
  4. Paste tel:5555551212 as the link
  5. Close

Result works on iOS and Compute if a dial method is defined.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 11:12 PM, Dave Green said:

One can do the following

1. Enter Text for name of the number
  2. Highlight this text
  3. Use "Insert Link" (or the shortcut Ctrl/CMD+K)
  4. Paste tel:5555551212 as the link
  5. Close

Result works on iOS and Compute if a dial method is defined.

That's a nifty way of doing it. Thanks. Thanks for everyone's help, I understand it now.