help - evernote not showing recent additions or changes to notes

my evernote in Windows (and have checked across all my devices) appears to have lost all changes from at least the last week.  I added to an existing note all my talking points for a big meeting at 1000 am today and they are not there now.  what happened? Can I get them back?  

• Level 5*

Hi. Impossible to guess what went wrong with your account without knowing far more about your devices and Evernote usage.  All edits should be saved to Evernote's servers,  and if you still have the note to which you added your talking points,  you may be able to access "note history" if you are a subscriber.  If the changes were saved to the server they'll show as changes from the least few days.  Otherwise I can only suggest you contact Support (that's not us) to see whether they can recover anything for you.  More here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have had a similar issue, but my problem appeared on April 28th. I had 5 1/2 days of notes missing.

After contacting support and sending them my activity logs, they then stopped replying. I have opened a new ticket in the hope that someone else can fix the problem, but I thought it wise to post here as I might get a bit better help.

Upon my own inspection, my activity logs shows me updating my "April 2023" note multiple times throughout the days that are now missing content. I also find updating errors which include the payload for what should have been the update to the note on the server, which looks like this:

{"name":"electron.main","hostname":"DESKTOP-abcdef","pid":3268,"level":50,"msg":" conduit-electron-worker [[\"pending structs after update received, possible missed update\",\"{\\\"missing\\\":{},\\\"update\\\":{\\\"0\\\":0,\\\"1\\\":3,\\\"2\\\":0,\\\"3\\\":3,\\\"4\\\":61,\\\"5\\\":223,\\\"6\\\":10,\\\"7\\\":214,\\\"8\\\":160,\\\"9\\\":201,\\\"10\\\":185,\\\"11\\\":14,\\\"12\\\":131,\\\"13\\\":1,\\\"14\\\":216,\\\"15\\\":252,\\\"16\\\":163,\\\"17\\\":223,\\\"18\\\":12,\\\"19\\\":0,\\\"20\\\":214,\\\"21\\\":160,\\\"22\\\":201,\\\"23\\\":185,\\\"24\\\":14,\\\"25\\\":0,\\\"26\\\":152,\\\"27\\\":252,\\\"28\\\":163,\\\"29\\\":223,\\\"30\\\":12,\\\"31\\\":214,\\\"32\\\":160,\\\"33\\\":201,\\\"34\\\":185,\\\"35\\\":14, ...

until around \\\"7391\\\

}\"]]","time":"2023-04-23T10:13:23.118Z","src":{"file":"C:\\Users\\Username\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Evernote\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\conduit-utils\\node_modules\\en-ts-utils\\src\\logger.ts","line":218,"func":"error"},"v":0}

I believe this might be the text that the desktop app was unable to send to the server, but I am unable to turn it back into text without knowing what characters the numbers stand for. Perhaps this is not what this "update" value is though :(

Does anyone know a way of recovering my data?

• Level 5*
On 5/6/2023 at 2:29 PM, daraghmeehan said:

Does anyone know a way of recovering my data?

If your data was not sent to the server,  then there is no way to recover it.  There are other posts here about notes showing numbers instead of text which hopefully are being followed up with Support.  The only additional things you could do for the moment are:  check by signing in online at Evernote.com to see whether the web content is more up to date,  and also check Note History to see whether your updated note got overwritten by incorrect versions.