Why can't I drag and drop files from EN to Desktop or OneDrive

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Ever frustrated that EN is a so hard to use!

I want to be able to drag and drop (mostly pdf and jpg files) from Evernote onto OneDrive when using the desktop app on a windows PC.  Why does this not work?? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  You were posting in the Teams (Business) forums.   I've moved your thread into the Windows forum.  Have you tried dropping the files to your desktop first,  then dragging and dropping from there into OneDrive?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, moserjoe said:

Cant drag and drop to desktop.

I have no problem dragging to desktop. That has not always been the case. I'm on what I believe is the latest version.

10.55.2-win-ddl-public (4019)
Editor: v167.2.20810
Service: v1.67.2
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Back to first principles I guess - drag-n-drop works fine for me in Win11 and Evernote desktop 10.55.2 on images.  With PDFs you probably need to click the top grey bar and choose "save as".

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I can drag and drop pdfs to the desktop.

Show off.  Actually I found that if you're looking at a page inline,  the file won't drag to the desktop.  If you change the view to 'Title' it's then draggable. :)

Edit:  -and now I reopened the file to single page view,  it will

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Show off.  Actually I found that if you're looking at a page inline,  the file won't drag to the desktop.  If you change the view to 'Title' it's then draggable. :)

Tried from different views and still the same inability to drag off

8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I can drag and drop pdfs to the desktop.

THAT's it! It as to be a copy and paste when selected from the top grey viewing bar - what a fiddly mess that is!  But Thank You