SHARE the note (publicly), the URL depends on the name of the note!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, T_Martin_11 said:

I share a note and then change the name of the note share.
URL stopped working!!!

It didn't work like this, will it be fixed?

Why don't you share notebooks rather than single notes for the time being?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, T_Martin_11 said:

it is inappropriate to share what the recipient is not supposed to see

I tend to create notebooks for companies and individuals that I share with.  The notes I share are usually copies, because that ensures I don't inadvertently delete or change them,  or worse yet edit and include some material that the recipient(s) should not see.  It's trivial to create a notebook and share it,  then move notes across - and provided the share works,  I don't have to repeat the exercise again for that person or company.  I also have a stack for shared notebooks so that I control what is shared and can immediately access / edit or delete them as necessary.

The Forums here are mainly user-supported,  so if you wish to make sure that Evernote is aware of this issue sooner rather than later you might want to contact the Support team direct.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

I tend to create notebooks for companies and individuals that I share with.  The notes I share are usually copies, because that ensures I don't inadvertently delete or change them,  or worse yet edit and include some material that the recipient(s) should not see.  It's trivial to create a notebook and share it,  then move notes across - and provided the share works,  I don't have to repeat the exercise again for that person or company.  I also have a stack for shared notebooks so that I control what is shared and can immediately access / edit or delete them as necessary.

The Forums here are mainly user-supported,  so if you wish to make sure that Evernote is aware of this issue sooner rather than later you might want to contact the Support team direct.

This is an area where organising by tags, rather than notebooks, really pays dividends. I have shared notebooks but most of my notes live in one huge notebook. Because the tagging system is common across all notes when I click on a tag I get the notes in shared notebooks and those in my AllMyNotes noteboook.No danger of missing a note because it is no longer in the notebook about that topic. I do see the point that in some circumstances copying a note is beneficial but it can also potentially lead to confusion and duplicated effort.

On the original topic of sharing individual notes, I have not yet managed to reproduce this problem. The share address is based on a unique identifier for that note and is not effected by the title of the note so I don't really understand why this is happening for @T_Martin_11

The problem is when I create a share through the app
10.54.4-mac-mas-public (459747)

If I create a share link via the web interface, everything is OK.

I will hope for a quick fix, I'm already used to the app 🙂

I see now that I should have written it under MAC, not under iOS, sorry.

15 minutes ago, T_Martin_11 said:

The problem is when I create a share through the app

There has been some chatter recently about a lack of backwards compatability of note links with the legacy viewer. Is it possible that whoever is accessing your note is using the legacy client?