Working arrow keys in the "Add a reminder" dialog box

Walder

Idea

Currently, in the "Add a reminder" dialog box, selections can only be made with the mouse. The window only responds to the Enter and Exit keys. It will be convenient if you enable the date selection in this dialog box using the Tab key and the arrow keys. Use the Tab key to move between the left and right parts (predefined dates and an free date from the calendar). Use the arrow keys to select a specific date.

This would greatly speed up the creation of note reminders.

2 replies to this idea

39 minutes ago, Walder said:

Currently, in the "Add a reminder" dialog box, selections can only be made with the mouse. The window only responds to the Enter and Exit keys. It will be convenient if you enable the date selection in this dialog box using the Tab key and the arrow keys. Use the Tab key to move between the left and right parts (predefined dates and an free date from the calendar). Use the arrow keys to select a specific date.

This would greatly speed up the creation of note reminders.

There is a way of doing this without using the mouse but it is not straightforward.

image.png.51899060dff997db3c5c4917cd403e7c.png

From the original screen use tab to go to the month and then hit enter

image.png.5e34a2dfc4a35fff38e884fef985ffb9.png

Select the month using the arrow keys and then hit enter. You then get this screen

image.png.160475a9c563a9c27e578a2a215cef6d.png

From here you can use tab, arrow keys and enter to make your selection. It would be nice if there was a quicker way of getting to this screen but I haven't found it yet. Even better would be the ability to just type in the date and for EN to parse it.

Even better would be the ability to just type in the date and for EN to parse it.

I can agree. It will be great if the user can choose the view of this window in the settings - the calendar or just input field __/__/____

update:
The Tab key does not work when I use a Bluetooth keyboard. I have no idea why. It works well in other applications.
The Tab key works from the integrated keyboard. But not good as it can be. Need press the Tab key many times to choose a specific day of month. With arrow keys or the input field it will be more quickly.