exb over 200 mb

I have an evernote database that is just over the 200mb limit.  i don't know how it was created.  but i cannot open it given current limits.

How can i open this database (.exb extension) ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  The EXB database is meant to be used as the source of notes for the Windows Legacy product v6.25.  It's not 'opened' as such,  but lives in the Evernote Databases folder and is used by the installed app on launch.  My database is 30GB so I don't think your 200MB will be any problem.  There are several issues with opening and using it however,  including the fact that if you connect to the internet your database will be overwritten by whatever's on Evernote's servers for that account.  So.  Several steps back.  If you go to Evernote.com and sign in with your user name and password for that old account - are your notes still there?

NB make a copy of your 200MB file and keep it somewhere safe.  Whatever you do next should only involve backups.  And so that we know what we're doing here - please explain where  this database file came from and what you're trying to do with it.