Sorting the order of PDFs within a note.

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I use my EN system for filing and often have at least a dozen PDFs in one note. Sometimes I tabulate the data from those spreadsheets in an excel sheet and drop that sheet into the note. I often need to move the sheet to the top of the note for quicker reference and also would like to sort the remaining pdfs but other than "cutting and pasting" is there an easier way to manipulate the order of PDFs in a note? Apologies if this is the wrong forum, new to EN and trying to find my way around. Cheers John

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  I moved your post to General Discussions since you didn't mention your device,  OS or Evernote version.  "Teams" where you first posted is the business product which I assume you don't have.

As to your query - there's no way to sort the content of a note in Evernote,  but if you have your files in a table - either an Evernote table (use square brackets to generate one - [][] = 2 cells wide x 1 high) or an Excel sheet,  you can copy/ paste the Evernote table into a spreadsheet or just open an Excel sheet and sort there.  Then just replace the cell contents with the revised list...

1 hour ago, John Hewetson said:

I use my EN system for filing and often have at least a dozen PDFs in one note. Sometimes I tabulate the data from those spreadsheets in an excel sheet and drop that sheet into the note. I often need to move the sheet to the top of the note for quicker reference and also would like to sort the remaining pdfs but other than "cutting and pasting" is there an easier way to manipulate the order of PDFs in a note? Apologies if this is the wrong forum, new to EN and trying to find my way around. Cheers John

I have numerous Notes with multiple PDFs (Stored as Title) and can drag and drop them into any order I choose within the note. (Windows 11)

• Like 3