Ability to change Note default font size

jbk

Idea

I find that the default font size in notes of 16pt is too large and I often want to set the default smaller. What's more when in a note and manually selecting a different font size as soon as you move to a new line the font size returns back to 16pt, infuriating.

Evernote, please add this feature. I am getting fed up with the laborious manual font size changing that I have to do to keep my notes looking as I wish. Internet searches will find many others with this same frustration.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You need to change the standard text style if you want to make a change stick. The new standard will take effect for the current note only.

To make it effective for new notes set an individual template, or create a „standard“ note and duplicate it.

A possibility to change the style in general has been requested. You can add your vote to the existing feature requests.

Thanks @PinkElephant, I think I achieved what you described by using the "Update 'normal' text to match" button with my desired font size, as in the image below.

And I shall go and upvote the 'general style' change request post - I still think a feature that would be very helpful for EN users.

image.thumb.png.d4934feb5a883b3c8624b9f891d3fd4e.png

@PinkElephant After looking at a few pages of search results I cannot find a particular master feature request post which refers to the default style feature request, so I've just upvoted various requests that seem to relate to the feature I request. Seems to be a high volume of low upvote count posts in this forum, guessing Evernote don't allocate the resource to pay much attention to this content or the management of it. A shame as this is exactly what they should be looking at and paying attention to if they wish to maintain a quality product and business. Shame their senior decision makers won't ever read this.

Thanks for your help @PinkElephant and the presumably unpaid moderation time that you put into trying to manage the content on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Yes, there have been several similar threads about the issue. It was initially quite hotly debated, got quieter over time.

Most requests were about setting a larger font - which helps if a person has a weak eyesight.

Forum search can be a challenge - try Font plus Standard, search and then select the option „Font AND Standard“. This will reduce the number of hits. You can drill down further by adding some of the feature request subforums, and add a minimum number of answers in the thread.