Continues to sign me out if I don't upgrade

• Level 5

To me it seems you are exceeding the devices limit of 2 devices maximum.

If you go to your account information, tab devices, how many devices are registered ?

1 - you can add another

2 - you can use both, but not add another

3 - check your account status ...

I'm having the same issue. I've used the free version with 2 devices (MacOS app + iOS app) for years. Now when I try to log in to the iOS app, it creates 2 iOS devices, one named just "iPhone" and one named "Steve's iPhone", which is the actual name of my phone. Since I'm also using the MacOS app, this puts me over 2 devices and triggers the "upgrade or logout" message. I can see both devices from iOS appear in my account within a few seconds of logging in once to the iOS app.

Same exact issue! I only use the iphone app and the browser version, and when it first prompted me to unsync a device it listed "iPhone" and "[My name]'s iPhone", but based on the time stamps it was both my phone. I had to unsync one to continue to use the note and it still signed me out.  Has started to do this on the browser version. I've been meticulously signing out to avoid any user error but after about a week I'm getting signed out again, and told to upgrade or try a free trial. And now I'm over the unsync limit, and locked out! Feeling a little forced to pay here. 

I am having the same problem. It logged me out of Evernote on my iPhone. I tried to login (had to reset password) and it showed two iPhones and my laptop - seemed like 3 devices but i have just 2. so it prompted me to unsync one and  I unsynced one iPhone (what looked like the older one in its mind). Then it did that again. And the third time it told me I unsynced 2 devices and that’s the max per month! I can’t login on my phone now. Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

You probably need to clean up your devices situation, and it is way easier to do it while on a subscription.

On Free you have 2 devices, and in addition you only have 2 unsyncs permitted per 30 days. Sometimes hard to solve issues with that cap.

i'm also having this issue: evernote shows two devices are logged in (one iPhone, the other [my name]'s iPhone) when I've only logged in one.

this behavior only began after upgrading to a new phone. Evernote is now unusable for me on mobile.

• Level 5

Well, did you first log out of your account on the old phone, before dropping it ? Then you should have unsynced the old phone, to get down to only one synced device.

Only when a free slot for a new device is made available a new device should be added. Or you scramble head on into the device limit - which likely has happened here.

You probably have another device s need, one beside the phones ? Log out of any phone client that allows you to log out. Then use the „other“ device to unsync all phones.

Them try to open and log in on the new phone. If it doesn’t work, the unsync limit may be violated. In this case it means waiting 30 days until it resets itself - or a month of subscription to sort things out.