Unable to email scans from scannable

PatrickCJS

Idea

I have been using evernote scannable to email scans from my phone to various email addresses for several years, but it has stopped working.

Now I cannot email any scan from my iphone 12, using any of several email addresses, to any other address.

Can anybody advise?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Part 1 of my advise: Works for me, no problem at all. Scan, hit send, choose email. It opens the email client, new mail, scan already attached. Just type in a title, hit send, done.

Part 2 of the advise: Uninstall Scannable, restart the iPhone, reinstall, open and log in. Working ?

Part 3: Contact support if it is still not working. Scannable is not my favorite scanning app, so I don't use it enough to go any deeper. 

• Level 5

If it doesn't work, it somehow misses the "hook" to hand over to the Apple mail client. Because sending the email happens not from Scannable, it happens from a new email that Scannable somehow manages to open in the Apple mail client, filled with the scanned file.

I assume you use Apple mail on the iPhone, not a 3rd party app like Spark.

• Level 5

You said you can‘t email, and now you can, but you miss the mails arriving at destination ???

I think you should be more precise in describing where your problem lies.

When Scannable has created a scan, and you press „send“, the mail app opens with a new window holding an email and the scanned content, the job done by Scannable is over. It is done, it has scanned and handed over to the mail app.

If it now doesn’t get send, it is a question of the mail app, not one of Scannable.

So far about asking unanswered questions.

After sending the email, if you check the „send“ folder of the mail client: Is the mail there, as it was send ?

Yes, the email client, Apple Mail, opens with a new window holding an email and the scanned content, and when I press send it appears to send accompanied by the the familiar whoosh of the apple mail sending sound. 

But no, after that there is no email in my sent folder, and the 'sent' email does not arrive at any of the email addresses I have sent it to. 

• Level 5

Then the question seems to be why the mail client does not send it.

Since all apps run in a sandbox mode, Scannable is not involved in sending email via another mail app. When the mail doesn't end up in Send or Drafts, and is not received, I have no idea what may be blocking it.