Need Ability To Change Task Due Dates By Dragging and Dropping Between Due Dates

Barry Graham

Idea

As much as I would like to be able to say that I complete all tasks by the due date, often I don't.  One feature I really miss compared with other tools is the ability to change due dates in one or two steps.  With Evernote, on all platforms, it takes several steps to change a due date. In Outlook you can do this by sorting by due date and then dragging an e-mail to the new due date.  It would be really handy if

1. You could view tasks by due date without having to filter (I know you can filter by due date).
  2. Drag and drop a task from one due date to another.

6 replies to this idea

I didn't mean to detract from your main point which is to more easily change the due date at it does currently take quite a few clicks or taps -- by my count five (!) clicks on Desktop and six (!) taps on mobile.

I generally don't complete a lot of my tasks on time either and they sit in the 'Overdue' spot for quite some time. (I do appreciate that they display in due date order though so that I can see which tasks are more overdue.)

You are right, the wording wasn't great so I have amended it.

I am not looking for a feature to filter by date, I know that can be done.  I am looking for a view that, without any filtering, shows each due date, not just (as is the case at the moment) "Today", "Tomorrow" and "Future".  Even when you filter, it still doesn't show the due date unless it's today or tomorrow. You can due this in Outlook and in some other tasks management tools.  This would then allow you to touch or click on a task and change its due date simply by dragging it under a different due date.

Just as a start, it would be nice to be able to select a task under "today" and drag it to be under "tomorrow". Currently to change from "Today" to tomorrow (or any other due date) you have to do the following:

1. Click on the task.
  2. Click on the due date.
  3. Select a new due date.
  4. Click Done
  5. Click Done again.

With a drag and drop feature you could do it in two steps:

1. Click on the task.
  2. Drag it under the new due date
  3. (Optional customizable third step - Do you really want to do this, Yes or No)