Audio player in the Web Version

FemotheDon

Idea

Hello, 
Does anyone know if Evernote plans to create an audio player for the webversion?
The app and I think the desktop app plays audio in app but the web version will only ask you to download and like me, I'm mostly accessing my audio notes from work on a work computer that doesn't allow me to install apps which means I only use the web version online (as my phone is stored away also at work) and also has the default audio player that only plays things similar to mp3s.
So, I keep downloading, find an amr to mp3 converter online EACH time I need to listen back on the web version.
I will be great if the web version can just play the audio directly when I select it.
Thanks.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  A quick search for Audio Player gets 4.5M hits...  I don't see that Evernote will be in a hurry to reinvent the audio equivalent of a wheel.  AFAIK Evernote uses the default audio player for whatever device it's opened on.  Plus:  for speed and bandwidth reasons only a few file types like PNG and PDF are playable (ie visible) inline - many of them show as icons and need to be downloaded in full to be viewed,  edited... or played.

If you'd like me to I can move this suggestion to a Feature Request forum so you can try to acquire some votes from other users as to the popularity of the idea,  but it seems like a pretty niche request to me.  The only work-around I can suggest is to maybe search for and convert your audio files into MP3,  and/or to use a third-party audio recorder that produces MP3 files you can attach to a note and play directly.

• Level 5*

I moved this to the general feature requests area because I'm not sure whether there are any other clients that can't play audio easily and because if any other audio-related requests get posted maybe they should all be rolled up into one 'improve audio features' request.  I'm happy to move it again if necessary...

Also: just to note that unless this suggestion gets major voting support,  it's going to be very low on the priorities list.  There are some requests out there with several hundred votes that haven't been addressed yet...  

Vote at the top left if you want this feature!

• Like 1
On 10/14/2022 at 9:56 PM, gazumped said:

I moved this to the general feature requests area because I'm not sure whether there are any other clients that can't play audio easily and because if any other audio-related requests get posted maybe they should all be rolled up into one 'improve audio features' request.  I'm happy to move it again if necessary...

Also: just to note that unless this suggestion gets major voting support,  it's going to be very low on the priorities list.  There are some requests out there with several hundred votes that haven't been addressed yet...  

Vote at the top left if you want this feature!

vote up!