Security

Hi all, I have a question I use Evernote for personal use, but I store some work notes there too. I want to use Yubikey to log in, is that possible?

And another question, maybe who has tried it, can a YubiKey be shared, I mean, can I use it remotely? And if so, how do you do it?

I would appreciate your help!

• Level 5

You can and should set up 2FA. For Free users only SMS, for subscribers time codes by app (any app works, EN only lists Google Authenticator) or SMS. Hard keys like Yubikey are not supported.

It defies the whole sense of a Yubikey to access it remotely. The 2nd factor concept of such a key is „possession“, and this means to have it with you.

Just to mention: If you store company data in your account, make sure to keep it separate from your personal stuff. Put it into it’s own notebooks, put all of them into a stack.

Hello! I don't use YubiKey for Evernote, so I can't tell you here.

But I have sometimes used Yubikey remotely. It's possible and easy enough to do. I use an app for this that allows secure redirection of your YubiKey between computers with different operating systems. You need to install the app, connect a YubiKey to one computer and access it from another one no matter the distance between the computers. There are step by step instructions here https://www.net-usb.com/share-usb/share-yubikey-over-network/

I hope it helps you!

• Level 5

Interesting ….

Although it defies IMHO the sense of having a physical device as 2nd factor. There is a long chain between yourself and the Yubikey used for authorization.

For EN use of no importance, since it is not supported. If you look at the current development in security, supported by the big players in the field, I doubt that this sort of device will ever make it into the main stream any more. The Secure Enclave on devices we already own will hold the only keys we need.