Does OneNote support HEIC better than Evernote?

I am ready to give up on Evernote. Latest straw is my HEIC images showing up on my Mac as unrenderable. I am all-Apple, so Evernote should use available system calls to render HEIC. 

Anyone know if OneNote does this better? I am ready to move.16031870_EvernoteHEICfail.thumb.jpg.7eb0865ead718791441a8bc0296b4f5f.jpg

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, XNS said:

Evernote should use available system calls to render HEIC

If you open the image outside of Evernote,  your system can use its own resources to show it.  Inside of Evernote it will be subject to the limitations of Evernote's own code or that of the wrapper service via Electron.

You advise that you are "all apple" 

Would apple Notes not serve you better? It would seem from those in the Apple Ecosystem that Apple Notes has really come on leaps and bounds since the changes ushered in with iOS15. 

If iCloud web access wasn't so poor on the web (Windows 11 user) I'd be considering it as an option. 

On 9/24/2022 at 4:01 AM, XNS said:

I am ready to give up on Evernote. Latest straw is my HEIC images showing up on my Mac as unrenderable. I am all-Apple, so Evernote should use available system calls to render HEIC. 

Anyone know if OneNote does this better? I am ready to move.16031870_EvernoteHEICfail.thumb.jpg.7eb0865ead718791441a8bc0296b4f5f.jpg

I had exactly the same problem recently log out ...un install then download latest version from En website.

The Apple Store version does not play well these days.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...