We need buffer space when typing at the bottom of a note

jessehman

Idea

When I am at the bottom of a note (which happens a lot), I feel suffocated by not being able to scroll with some more white space. It is built into many of Evernote's competitors note taking interfaces.

For example, in other applications (other than Evernote) a user can scroll down to add arbitrary white space while typing.

.1532790625_Kapture2022-09-21at15_29_13.gif.c22a3546df39635e2c9fe324025a0221.gif

Edited by jessehman
I was harassed by user PinkElephant to change "your"

5 replies to this idea

21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I have no competitors here, just fellow users …

If you mean You = EN staff, you better send feedback or a support ticket.

I don't know what you mean. What I am saying is that this seems like it should be a fundamental feature of a note taking application. Competitors of Evernote have this feature built in.

• Level 5

You wrote „…. Many of YOUR competitors …“.

If you wanted to address somebody by using the YOU, the forum is the wrong place. Here are only other users (many probably like me completely undisturbed by a lack of empty space at the bottom of the window - but that’s other question).

13 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You wrote „…. Many of YOUR competitors …“.

If you wanted to address somebody by using the YOU, the forum is the wrong place. Here are only other users (many probably like me completely undisturbed by a lack of empty space at the bottom of the window - but that’s other question).

Oh, so this is the place where LVL 5 users can harass LVL 1 users about their preferences for a feature found in most other note applications? I am glad you are undisturbed, but I am disturbed which is why I wrote this Feature Request. It is my impression that a Feature Request is for the Evernote team to consider, so the "your" is referring to "Evernote." To make it easier to digest, I will edit the "your" to Evernote.

If I knew I was going to be harassed by another user here I would have just continued in silent disappointment which would be of no use to Evernote who I am sure cares about the user experience.

• Level 5

You asked for an explanation, and I explained grammar to you. Has nothing to do with harassing, it was a simple, matter of factly statement.

EN staff is not known (at least we don't see much feedback) to take stuff from the forum. This is why I - politely and to help you promote your case - told you there are better ways to get into contact with EN.

My observation is the last line of text is always fully visible. If it is really necessary to introduce some empty space below it anybody can decide for himself. My opinion is that stuff like that is what bloats code without much gain - I see the next forum posts asking to remove it, because it takes away usable space. But sure, your opinion, my opinion, that's what the forum is about.