An error has occurred Package is invalid: 'CRX_FILE_NOT_READABLE'.

I have been using Evernote with MS Edge for a while now. All of a sudden, my Evernote extension disappeared from the browser tab.

When I tried to reinstall, I get the error message below.

I have tried the following:

Gone into Edge and made sure that it allowed extensions from other sources
Tried multiple times to reinstall the Evernote extension
Installing it via the Chrome Store (go to the Chrome Store through Edge and click on install)

Same error message.

Edge version is 105.0.1343.42

This is quite aggravating as I use Evernote specifically to clip websites for my research - and I use Edge since I find it more stable than Chrome.

How do I fix this?

TIA

An error has occurred

Package is invalid: 'CRX_FILE_NOT_READABLE'.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm also using edge 105.0.1343.42 (Official build) (64-bit) and Clipper 7.26.3.408-2f61168 without any problems.  An internet search generated a lot of queries on this general topic related to various extensions like this - Add extension to secure browser - ESET Internet Security & ESET Smart Security Premium - ESET Security Forum  

(Incidentally - spoiler alert;  Edge is based on the Chrome browser)

This is a browser / security issue,  and not one (AFAIK) that Evernote can resolve.  I can only suggest that you try basic browser first aid - clear cache and cookies,  different security settings,  maybe set up another profile in Edge - or use a different browser until this is fixed.

If you're a subscriber you could contact Support on this (we're not them) on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new