emails forwarded in to Evernote

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

When I forward an email from gmail in to Evernote and open it, the whole email including all kinds of advertising and small print at the bottom of the email are included.  Is there a way to edit or delete all this extra inside the EN note??

• Level 5

Probably the email was forwarded as HTML mail.

You could try to switch to „text only“ in the mail client, and forward it then. Or if possible simplify the HTML content in EN (like in a web clip) to make the HTML content editable.

The best way would be to avoid getting that ***** at all. I run a pi-hole on my home network that filters most ads from websites and mails.

• Like 1

I'm trying to find a way to use the webclipper to just select the part of the email I want  without all the rest of the garbage but I need to scroll the page to get it all and it never saves the whole selection...ugh!

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Are you forwarding the mail, or do you use the WebClipper to clip the mail from a mail client running in a browser window ?

This are completely different approaches !

At first I was forwarding the email and that is what showed all the junk at the bottom.  I then tried the webclipper but don't seem to be able to scroll down to get everything I need to clip without it messing up.  

• Level 5
  • Solution

Web clipper means THE WebClipper  installed in a browser on a desktop device, or clipping through sharing on a mobile device ?

In THE WebClipper you can usually extend the clipping range through the +/- button at the top and bottom of the green frame.

Another option (have not tried on mails yet) may be to first select what you want to clip. Only then hit the WebClipper icon. There should be a new option in the options menu, called „Selection“ (or similar). When you use it, it should only clip what you have selected before.

7 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Another option (have not tried on mails yet) may be to first select what you want to clip. Only then hit the WebClipper icon. There should be a new option in the options menu, called „Selection“ (or similar). When you use it, it should only clip what you have selected before.

BINGO!! Works like a charm! Thank you!

• Like 1