Deleted notes don't disappear on sidebar

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I have had this ongoing issue for months and I thought I'd not mention it hoping that it would be a bug that would eventually be fixed. I tried uninstalling the entire applications and it still leaves the issue there. I use Evernote primarily for my work in uni. I had one of my friends share her notes to me through an Evernote shared link, but now I've deleted them since I have no use for them, but they still linger and overlap over my other notes. It would be fine if they were to also shift down along with my expanded notes, but because of the overlap I can't access some of the notes through the sidebar.

image.png.09914937441335e5859a4630d916b381.png

These notes I currently no longer have access to 

image.png.f0d3da301e2e4ff6f003fffd576c5860.png

And when expanding a notebook stack it looks like this and clicking on the notebook I want that's under the deleted notes leads to me clicking on said deleted note and with the error "Notebook not found".

And to add to this as a relatively minor point in the notebooks section there is a massive gap between some notebooks which also seems like a bug resulting from the same issue of having deleted notes that I have no more access to still technically being "there".

image.thumb.png.39d53d28d802e19f7f1ccfe8c1088837.png

EDIT: I'd also like to mention she removed share access rights to these notes from my account so there should be no physical way that I have these notes show up anymore

Edited by Munsi
Extra context
  • Level 5
  • Solution

You have a corrupted local database.

A plain uninstall won’t do the job. It leaves the data on the drive.

Either use Revo Uninstaller to remove all parts of your installation, or remove the local database by this procedure:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote. Keep the app open while it downloads your notes from the server.

Observation: You are using a lot probably small notebooks to organize. You could get better results using less notebooks, and rely more on tags instead.