Difficulty copying individual check-box list entries when list is embedded in a table

Hello, I frequently use 2-column check-box-lists, where the columns are created by using a table.  This works well EXCEPT when I try to copy an individual entry (ie the content following an individual check-box). 

My approach: I highlight the individual check-box line within the list (which, again, is within the table), then right-click, expecting the drop-down menu to present me with the option of copying. However, it doesn't work; whrn I right click, the highlighting disappears and I have no option to copy. 

The copy function works fine when the list is NOT in a table. 

One might say the solution is to simply drag the list item by putiing the cursor on the square-shaped 4 dots to the left of each check-box list item (the hand appears), which works fine but only within the table WITHIN THE NOTE. If you want to copy the check-box item from the table (within a particular note) to a table within  ANOTHER NOTE, then you're out of luck. There seems no way to do this, which makes the daily, constant sorting of list items less agile. 

The other annoyance with check-box lists within a table is the highlight function: you can double-left-click to highlight a single word within the entry, but can't highlight the whole line; if you try to highlight the line, Evernote will highlight the entire cell of the table 

Any solutions to these issues? Thanks

21 hours ago, Ian kaiser said:

I highlight the individual check-box line within the list (which, again, is within the table), then right-click, expecting the drop-down menu to present me with the option of copying. However, it doesn't work; whrn I right click, the highlighting disappears and I have no option to copy. 

I'm afraid I can't replicate this

image.png.68223837bd2a812593053b9f90cedd79.png

21 hours ago, Ian kaiser said:

if you try to highlight the line, Evernote will highlight the entire cell of the table 

or this

image.png.b3b95ff253d06838d5e4c921131f5c68.png

Things to try:

• Make sure you are on the most upto date version
  • See if the web version behaves the same way
  • Use the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+C) to copy rather than using right click and copy
  • Try selecting text by clicking the 4 dots drag handle that appears to the left of the checkbox when you roll over it.

10.44.8-win-ddl-public (3632)
Editor: v156.1.19058
Service: v1.57.3
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

@Ian kaiserThis is an issue with right click inside a table cell. It doesn't just affect check lists in a cell. It is reported to have been fixed in 10.44.8 which @Mike Pis using. I haven't tested myself. You should be able to work with keyboard shortcuts.

EDIT: I've been able to check and I have the same experience as @Mike P. The right click issue in tables appears to be fixed in 10.44.8

Edited by agsteele
Update
  • Like 2