Evernote not starting and not uninstalling on laptop, and disconnecting from mobile device

Lisa Tedeschi

Idea

Hi all,

today I opend my laptop (running Windows 10) and Evernote is not starting. Evernote Web works fine. I tried to uninstall but it doesn't work (doesn't even give any error message, it just doesn't start). I tried to install the new version but it says Evernote is running and cannot terminate it. I tried to reactivate and reset it from Windows but it's not working. I opened it on my mobile (Android) and now it is disconnecting saying I need to upgrade to use Evernote on more devices - but I just have two devices (laptop and mobile). I cannot understand what is going on here... 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I haven't experienced this, but can offer some limited suggestions. Have you restarted the computer during this process? That could conceivably enable Evernote to start properly. If that doesn't work, there is a program called Revo Uninstaller that several knowledgeable people here recommend, which does a more thorough and reliable job of uninstalling software than the standard Windows uninstaller.

The reason you're being asked to upgrade on the phone is that the Web client counts as one of your 2 allowed devices on a free account, so that it plus your computer and phone = 3. You could either continue to use the Web client, or go to https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action, log in, and revoke access to the Web client in order to get access to Evernote on your phone back. Hope this is some help.