Evernote Desktop does not start, can't un-install and gets stuck on re-install (Windows 10)

I'm not 100% sure if the Evernote version I have is >10.0, but I can't check it because of the main problem.

If I try to start Evernote, nothing happens. It does appear in the Task Manager as a background process, but it doesn't open. Removing all "Evernote"s from the background processes and trying to start it again does not solve the issue.

I tried uninstalling, both via Windows program list and via "Uninstall Evernote.exe" in the "AppData>Local>Programs>Evernote" folder, but neither appear to do anything, Evernote stays in the program list.

I tried to re-install to the latest version, but that also did not respond. Then I re-started my computer, after which the installer did respond, but it gets stuck on "Installing, please wait..." with only the first ~1/8th of the progress bar filled. I removed the Evernote folder from %appdata%, tried uninstalling again, but it was still not responsive. When I try the installer, it is again stuck at the same point.

I was wondering if it was a problem on the end of Evernote and if anyone has similar issues or a solution. My notes are still accessible in Evernote Web.

• Evernote Expert

You should use an uninstaller program such Revo Uninstall. The default uninstallers don't clean out the old data.

Since you've deleted the %AppData%\Evernote directory you should also remove %LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote

Also, I'd suggest you reboot your PC just in case...