Note attachments are not deleted from Mac

Using v 10.42.7-mac-ddl-public (3561)
Editor: v154.0.18759
Service: v1.56.1

I noticed that when a note that contains an attachment is sent to the trash, and the trash is emptied — the attachment (in my case an rtf file) was not are not deleted from the Mac. As a test I also restarted the Mac, and the Evernote app itself in case this was temp file. The old attachment still exists in the subfolder of external-edits. Also, tested the process again with a docx attachment with the same outcome.

This is important to fix as it address the need to protect confidential and private information that may be stored in the old file attachments.

A Screenshot of the deleted file is attached showing the path.

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.22.58 AM.png

• Level 5

Nothing needs to be done about it, because you misunderstand what is happening:

The folder you show is the standard „Evernote“ folder in the user account, or on iCloud Drive. This folder is there because on MacOS or iOS, for apps an own folder is created, to receive things the users saves from the app. Evernote itself does not write anything into that folder. The folders managed by Evernote directly are all in Library/Application Support.

Everything in this folder is there because you explicitly saved it there. From the moment you save it, it is outside of ENs control, and will not be altered when you decide to trash a note. This folder, as all similar ones you need to manage yourself, using the Finder.

Nobody else but yourself needs to take care of this content.