iOS app's sync is repeatedly not working

I update my Evernote on the computer using the Windows program. However, when I then go and look at my iOS app to see the note on my phone, it has no sync so I am looking at an older version of the note. I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, there is nothing wrong with my phone. I've had to constantly restart and sign out of the app. It started the last few days. I think this is on Evernote's end. What is going on here?

I am using Premium version.

1) Starting this morning (2022/08/01), a note that I have been actively updating (with last update on 7/29) showed content from 7/17. There are now 3 copies of the same note - all with the same name and same old content but with different times (7/17, 7/30, yesterday).

2) I lost all the stuff I entered on Friday (7/29). I re-entered the stuff (I probably forgot parts of it) this morning, thinking that it's saved because it said All changes saved.

3) Just minutes ago, the notes are reverted back to step 1. I lost the data again.

This is very frustrating. How do I restore the missing stuff I entered?

I have used Evernote since 2016 and never had this problem. Did something change on Evernote side?

Note: I use Evernote on my Mac laptop only, so there is no multi-device sync issue, I would think.

• Level 5

Sure there is multi-device-sync: You have a Mac, you have iOS (1 device, or 2 ?), and you always have the web, which shows the master copy of your database. It is stored on the cloud server. EN never syncs device2device, it always syncs to the server, and from there to all clients.

The first step with syncing issues is to take a look at the web client. Which notes exist there ? And which last update status ?

Then there is note history, only on desktop clients (PC/Mac). You can restore older versions of the same note, or create a duplicate with an older version.

With the iOS client there is a „sync now“ option in the app settings, synchronization, sync now.

To me it seems there were some duplicates created somehow, and now by trying to solve the issue on the iOS client, you just create additional problems on the web client. In duplication cases the only copy that really counts is the one on the server,  not on any device. To preserve changes made on a client, enter that note and copy the content somewhere else (Apple Notes is a good place to park such content …).

If the already existing situation is beyond repair, on iOS I would then log out and back in. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, log out, uninstall the app, dump all data when asked, switch the iOS device off, wait a little, on again (Apple logo must show), reinstall the app, log in and wait for the initial download.