Please add the option to expand a searched parent tag (desktop + web).

vladcampos

Idea

If I search for a parent tag in the tags' drawer, there's no option to expand it to see the nested tags. The expansion is possible on the shortcuts area and even in the drawer, but only if we scroll the list and click parent tag, as explained on the video below.

Please add the option to expand a searched parent tag.

• Like 8

2 replies to this idea

9 minutes ago, vladcampos said:

Please add the option to expand a searched parent tag.

I agree. While looking at this again I discovered a major, and as far as I know unannounced, change to the tag search logic. If you select a parent tag (this could be by searching) and then use the drop down to select "include subtags" it now searches for all the tags using an OR logic rather than AND. This is incidentally the only way I can think of that would allow you to see the sub tags after searching for a tag, although not in a very helpful way.

image.png.611d7e2f29e2b8fe32c0481cb0355697.png

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

While looking at this again I discovered a major, and as far as I know unannounced, change to the tag search logic.

Hi Mike, thank you for your suggestion. You are right. It's a new feature released on the begging of the year. I love it and also published a video about it. But it's not exactly the best solution if the person needs to find and select a specific tag. With so many tags, I cannot remember all the names, and sometimes I rely on the nesting system to navigate and find the one I'm looking for.

• Like 1