Feature request: Capture content directly to existing note from outside Evernote

dodge

Idea

Evernote is awesome for capturing stuff from other apps to a new note, as well as for adding to a current note from within it.  I find it frustratingly slow to add things to a specific note from outside the app, however.  

Let's say I want to capture a webpage to a travel note I already have; or forward a crucial email to a file; or add a picture someone just texted me to a note I have about that weekend; or include a reservation just sent to me in my travel note...  All of these can be done any number of ways but if I'm in another app and workflow at that time, they all involve either stopping what I'm doing to open EN and create something I can import, etc, OR to capture it to a new note and move those contents later (which means remembering to do so, finding the new note, and so on).  I want to be able to throw it in a note I'm already working with quickly.

The request is to be able to target specific notes from the capturing/forwarding systems.  That would involve some programming but in the meantime, how about at least being able to capture straight to the Scratch Pad, or some designated holding spot?  If anyone can relate to the problem I'm trying to solve, help me make this case or suggest something better!  Many thanks.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

On 7/30/2022 at 10:27 PM, dodge said:

The request is to be able to target specific notes from the capturing/forwarding systems.

I see your point but I'm really not sure how it would work. I can see it messing up the existing note.

On 7/30/2022 at 10:27 PM, dodge said:

or some designated holding spot?

For me that is a new note in my default notrebook. I can then copy the contents into another note, merge it with another note, add a link to another note or add a common tag. Works for me.