Cannot disable the short-cut for Paste to Evernote in 10.41.5 on Windows

I use Alt-Ctrl-H Alt-Ctrl-V  as a short-cut in my browser to hibernate background tabs. Worked great until today.

Today I upgraded to 10.41.5. Now Alt-Ctrl-H Alt-Ctrl-V is short-cut for Paste to Evernote command. When I disabled it, it still is short-cut for Paste to Evernote command. Changing the short-cut to something else, did not change it. 

Any ideas?

Edited by cswilly
Edited to fix typo.
  • Evernote Expert

The default paste to Evernote shortcut is Alt+Ctrl+V.

Alt+Ctrl+H is the shortcut for Open Evernote Helper.

BUT, these are built-in shortcuts in the desktop applications. There are no shortcuts in Evernote for the web browser.  The only shortcuts you get there are part of the web browser configuration.

How are you changing the configuration?  Can you confirm which version of Evernote you are using - ie dekstop or web browser? If the browser version, which browser do you use?

>>>The default paste to Evernote shortcut is Alt+Ctrl+V.
>>> Alt+Ctrl+H is the shortcut for Open Evernote Helper.

My error. It is Alt+Ctrl+V.

>>> BUT, these are built-in shortcuts in the desktop applications. There are no shortcuts in Evernote for the web browser.  The only shortcuts you get there are part of the web browser configuration.
>>>Can you confirm which version of Evernote you are using - ie dekstop or web browser? If the browser version, which browser do you use?

I am  using 10.41.5 Windows desktop 

>>> How are you changing the configuration? 

See below. Paste to Evernote shortcut is disabled. But I still get the popup when I type Alt+Ctrl+V in my browser. 

1974575916_PastetoEvernotekeyboardshort-cutdiabled.png.f6331fe62f8a2e23b121a94e2df2b88e.pngf1932103606_QuickNotePopupafterpressingAltCtrlH.png.a2f2c14095bb7f5ad4d1e3597bc2a149.png

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure what you mean by hibernate tabs on your browser and how that relates to Evernote. Alt+Ctrl+H opens the Evernote helper - which you displayed in your last post.

I think you're saying that Evernote is now taking control of something that you previously did in your browser. If that's the case you need to change the Alt+Ctrl+H shortcut in Evernote. Not Alt+Ctrl+V.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, agsteele said:

I'm not sure what you mean by hibernate tabs on your browser and how that relates to Evernote. Alt+Ctrl+H opens the Evernote helper - which you displayed in your last post.

I think you're saying that Evernote is now taking control of something that you previously did in your browser. If that's the case you need to change the Alt+Ctrl+H shortcut in Evernote. Not Alt+Ctrl+V.

You are correct. I had a senior moment (several).

Finally, I disabled Alt+Ctrl+H in Evernote which restored the desired behavior in my browser.

Thanks for your help and for being patient with me.

• Like 1