Is it all gone?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hi, I have been planning a research project for a few years and have been collecting links, information, etc... around it, just ad-hoc. I stupidly did not back this up elsewhere.

I recently upgraded my phone, so the old phone was restored to factory settings at the phone shop, and my new phone does not contain any of that content - when logging into to the back up or on a desktop it's not there either. The notes on the new device are from 2016/2017. Is it lost forever - the old device still shows up under a synched device... but the only date showing says launched 34 months ago, was that when it was last synched too?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Steve-Ollington
adding info
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  It seems unlikely that you could have been using Evernote for 34 months+ without syncing once.  If you ever looked at your notes on a different device,  you would surely have noticed that some data was missing.  You haven't mentioned which versions of Evernote you've been using,  but it was within the last couple of years that Evernote transitioned to v10,  and in some circumstances,  notes created in one version may not be visible in the other version.  It's also possible that you have two accounts and are currently looking at the wrong one...  main recommendation would be:  contact Support (which isn't us) if you're a subscriber.  If you're not a subscriber and these notes are important,  it may be worthwhile to become a subscriber - even if only for a couple of months - to get access.

While you wait for a reaction from them,  log out of your account,  and then very carefully log back in with whatever user ID you believe is your correct one.  Give it a while - 30 minutes or so - before you start browsing for notes so that the new installation can get your new phone up to speed.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  It seems unlikely that you could have been using Evernote for 34 months+ without syncing once.  If you ever looked at your notes on a different device,  you would surely have noticed that some data was missing.  You haven't mentioned which versions of Evernote you've been using,  but it was within the last couple of years that Evernote transitioned to v10,  and in some circumstances,  notes created in one version may not be visible in the other version.  It's also possible that you have two accounts and are currently looking at the wrong one...  main recommendation would be:  contact Support (which isn't us) if you're a subscriber.  If you're not a subscriber and these notes are important,  it may be worthwhile to become a subscriber - even if only for a couple of months - to get access.

While you wait for a reaction from them,  log out of your account,  and then very carefully log back in with whatever user ID you believe is your correct one.  Give it a while - 30 minutes or so - before you start browsing for notes so that the new installation can get your new phone up to speed.  

Logged in with Google account and it's there... I cannot thank you enough!

• Like 5