Is there a way to change the font color on something saved from Web Clipper?

EvernoteUser4930

Idea

Hey all, 

I'm wondering if there's a way to change the font color after saving something using Web Clipper.

I'm attaching two screenshots to show what I mean. Basically I saved an email from Gmail on my desktop using Web Clipper. It worked great only the background of it is white and the text is saved as grey instead of the black that it is in the original, making it very difficult to read. You can see at the top of the Web Clipper screenshot where even though I have the text selected, all of the options, including the color, are grayed out and inaccessible. 

Is there a better way to do this or some way where I can more easily save these things? Screenshot is my only other option in the Web Clipper interface and it's not optimal because the email is long and would require multiple pictures.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Web Clipper.png

Original.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Assuming that this is editable text and not a graphic, there is a button to click to make everything editable which is found in the HTML "box" into which clipped material is sometimes placed. If there is a border around the text and a thick gray bar at the top, click anywhere in that bar. A "magic wand" button will pop up (along with a 3-button options menu); click that wand, and the text will become editable. Hope this helps.

• Level 5

Glad that was useful. Yes, making clipped text editable can have unpredictable results, presumably owing to the unpredictable underlying ways in which Web pages can be created and formatted. The editable text often requires some touching up.

If you have a paid subscription, you get a unique Evernote email address, which allows you to forward emails directly into Evernote. See this Help article. This also is not perfect WRT formatting, but it might be more likely to preserve the original font color, at least.

Ah, thank you, I see it now. It definitely made the text editable (and by association, more readable) but it destroyed the rest of the formatting too, including making all the links very long instead of embedded. 

So a bit of a clunky solution that kind of destroyed the compactness and "neatness" of the note. But it looks like that's the only way to do it right now. It'd be nice if the text was directly editable (or if it just captured the text as its original black in the first place). 

Thanks again for the help!