Repeatedly have to sign in to use Web Clipper

Why won't Web Clipper in Safari 15.5 stay active? I don't use it that often but too often, when I go to use it, I have to go through a long drawn put process of reinstalling it. Is this a bug or a "feature." If it's a "feature" I hate it. If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed.

• Level 5

You mean „web clipper on iOS Safari“ ?

There is no web clipper for iOS Safari. On iOS clipping works through sharing, and it does not request a sign in.

In Safari on the Mac you need to sign into the web clipper extension. Maybe there is a field to make it remember the login. I don’t remember this detail, I don’t need to log in often.

So not staying logged in is neither a feature nor a bug - I think it is caused by your handling of the log in.

Else there is a chance that your settings or a unknown security software prevents the login to stick. I think for examples cookies must be accepted to remember a login - another option you yourself are setting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem on macOS Monterey Safari 15.5. Once I login, web clipper is successfully logged into, however when I click on the icon, it asks me to log in again, repeatedly.