Tag is missing from tag list - missing notes too?

Hi there! Long time user, first time poster. 

I'm running into an issue where a tag has disappeared from the tag list in the web client. The tag still exists on individual posts, but is nowhere to be seen in the alphabetical list of tags. This makes me think I might have lost some notes, since I've been looking for notes that was tagged with 'visuals' and couldn't find them. 

Have anyone else experienced something similar?

I would appreciate any pointers.

evernote.png

• Level 5

Yes, nesting tags is a feature, and it allows as many levels as you want (opposite to notes and notebooks). But because a tag can then hide deep down, it probably is better not to take nesting to extremes. It is even possible to have tags with the same name in different branches of the tag tree - which should better not be used, because it makes finding the correct one difficult.

The handling got improved some releases ago with the ability to include or exclude child tags into filtering for tags. Works even on mobile, which means that nested tags are fully supported on all clients, all platforms.

Edit: Same named tags

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It is even possible to have tags with the same name in different branches of the tag tree - which should better not be used, because it makes finding the correct one difficult.

Happily, I don't think that is possible - at least I get an error message if I try!