(Archived) vague feature request...

Not entirely sure how to phrase this, but when searching through EverNote, I find a few notes i want to reference, maybe it's a search with a lot of results, and i've found several in the list i want to look through, maybe some i need to tag, basically like a workspace i want to 'save'....but then something else comes up quick, like maybe i need to reference some to-do note or something. I'd like to quickly look up that other note and then be back to where I was without having to reperform the same search, scrolling through the results, recreating the sorting, etc.

I know there are probably a number of suggestions or workarounds like 'open the current notes in their own windows' or 'just reuse the saved search', etc. Perhaps an ironic example is when i'm going through and sorting/assigning tags/renaming notes, and i'm trying to remember one of the evernote keyboard shortcuts (which i have in a note itself). I don't want to lose my place by searching for the 'evernote keyboard shortcuts' note, but i also don't want to have to go through the help menu when things like keyboard shortcut notes are exactly what i want to use evernote for in the first place.

Okay, therapy session over, just needed that request out there.

What you're asking for is the ability to have flags, again. 2.2 has 6 coloured flags and you can choose one of them for any note. So, when I find a bunch of notes I want to group temporarily, I flag them red.

But flags are missing from 3.

One thing you could do is create a temporary tag, e.g., FLAG or something, and assign that to all the notes that you're trying to group.

If you're using the Mac client you can open up a new "Note Collection Window" via the File->New Collection Window command. This will give you another window that shows all your notes and maintains its own selection and search state.

If you're using the Mac client you can open up a new "Note Collection Window" via the File->New Collection Window command. This will give you another window that shows all your notes and maintains its own selection and search state.

That sounds like a great feature, will it be added to the Windows client? Maybe? Please?

(hehe ... I'm not even sure I would know what to do with it, but it still sounds cool ;) )

Archived