Why I can't edit a we clip like before and makes me to use "Simplified" mode?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi, 

I used to clip HTML pages and delete, bold, or highlight some lines or words, that was cool, but in the new version; it seems it can't, and need to change the clipped HTML page into a "simplified" version that not good and lost some pages, formatting and cause some mess. I use 10.35.3 on Windows and after a long time I tried to clip HTML pages and need to highlight parts, found out it can't and I have to sacrifice the original appearance to access edit tools. In this way, it can't use by me. Is there any fix for this or there's no way?

Best,
Masoud

• Level 5

It is not a bug, so nothing will be fixed.

If you need to edit HTML code, get a HTML editor, not a note taking app. There are too many different ways how HTML is created by the modern web content managers to allow a „one fits all“ editing. You usually will have to look around to get an editor that supports the features of a specific website, and it may not work well for others.

With EN you can keep the original clip, or decide to edit content - which is created by the simplifying action. The simplifying creates a simple HTML code that can be edited without the risk of loosing content. If you want to keep the original clip, duplicate the note before you simplify and edit.

If you want to talk to EN about it, use the feedback function or issue a support ticket.

7 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is not a bug, so nothing will be fixed.

If you need to edit HTML code, get a HTML editor, not a note taking app. There are too many different ways how HTML is created by the modern web content managers to allow a „one fits all“ editing. You usually will have to look around to get an editor that supports the features of a specific website, and it may not work well for others.

With EN you can keep the original clip, or decide to edit content - which is created by the simplifying action. The simplifying creates a simple HTML code that can be edited without the risk of loosing content. If you want to keep the original clip, duplicate the note before you simplify and edit.

If you want to talk to EN about it, use the feedback function or issue a support ticket.

I used to clip a web page and highlight some lines, but now It can't, this is a weakness, I don't want advanced editing or edit codes, so change to HTML editor, just clip articles and need to highlight the most important lines in a different color, but in new versions makes us transform to a simplified version to do this simple function. 

• Level 5
  • Solution

Yes, that describes the implementation. You can clip and view. Once you want to edit anything, you need to simplify.

When this was introduced with v10, there were a few discussions about this approach. Since then little forum traffic about it.

In my post above I have described how you can reach EN. I doubt this will be changed - I think it was a deliberate decision to allow editing only on code created by the simplifying action inside of EN.

• Thanks 1