Hello friends! 

I just updated my Windows computer to Windows 11. In some ways I regret doing this, but converting back would be just as much a headache at this point so I'm just accepting it. 

One of the hiccups is that Evernote did not carry over. So, I went to Evernote.com to download. When I click on the .exe file, it attempts to install and then gives me this error message:

"Configuration File Error

C:\Users\Matthew\Appdata\Roaming\Evernote\config.json

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open

'C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\config.json' "

Attempting to download from Microsoft Store leads to the same result. Attempting to open the config.json file from File Explorer results in a "How do you want to open this file" prompt, as it appears I don't have any apps capable of running a JSON file. 

How fix? 

Thanks, 

Matt 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I believe there are some happy Win 11 users out there,  so this is (presumably) a leftover software issue.  Your Evernote data should be safely duplicated on the server as you're using v10,  so I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller and/ or a W11 system cleaner to remove any and all Evernote files from your device and then restart the system and try a new download / install.  If that fails,  you'll be better of contacting Support for a more technical view.