Suggestion

Here is my review and comments on Evernote. I am with Evernote for 6 years now.

1. Used to be, I wrote math formula in another app, and took its SVG, PNG, ..... and insert it as inline math formula. It was ugly and cumbersome, however, it worked. Recently, after Evernote updated to new version, everything became a mess. My notes, are horrible. Let say, I had a paragraph with inline formulas. Now, I have several lines, each line either text or formula. I liked Evernote for its simplicity to use. Also it was native to my machine. However, This really bugged me a lot. I am looking for some alternatives like Notion. 
  2. Other problem I have with Evernote, is that take screenshot and insert into your note has limitation for free version. And this limitation is too low for each note and for monthly. As a student I am seriously considering migration to Notion. Since the personal pro version is free for students.
  3. The other thing is really weird is editing options. There are adjust left, right, center, but not to the width of the page!!!
  4. Share a note is great option, specially, you can share a note with link to view, on your webpage, and whenever you decide you can disable it. However, let say you have a notebook, sharing each individual note is a little bit of hassle. It would be nice if we could share the whole notebook. Let say, you took a course on Algebra, then you want to share all your notes into your personal website. Notion does it perfectly, as hierarchical share. If you share the notebook, all notes of that notebook will be shares.
  5. Makes grammar tools available (like Grammarly) very helpful for non native English speakers to have a better notes.
  6. Having snipping tool, writing on canvas, are helpful tools.

At the end, formula is a deal breaker for me.

I wish the support team from Evernote was more active to address users concerns.

Having some one in your team to explore other tools, and employ it into your app, will enrich Evernote.

• Level 5

You have some specific use cases, that probably are better supported by another app (or several of them). So just go ahead - I doubt you will find most of what you want in the near (or even far) future in EN.

In general the trick is not to do everything any other app does. This just creates a mess of functions, typical piece of bloatware.

1) EN offers no formula editor, and that is it. You describe yourself what happens if you try to force something that is not supported. The next update may break it. If you need extensive formula writing, use a proper math editor, or do it by hand / stylus.

2) No limits on screenshots, but a limit on note sizes and upload. Need more, get a subscription.

3) There are enough formatting options for notes. Want to play with formatting ? Get an App build for it.

4) EN allows to share a complete notebook. What you want is to publish it - that is something else. Take a look at postach.io - It is a tool that builds a blog / website from the notes in an EN notebook.

5) Much requested …

6) The list of tools one may think about is endless. Most exist outside of EN - so use them, drop the result into a note.

To contact EN PM, use the feedback function of the clients.