Cannot login to Evernote Mac (latest) after importing 12k notes

Just installed the latest version of Evernote for MacOS (on MacOS Monterey).

Was an avid user prior to 2020. Had an ENEX export from 2019 that I just imported. Everything seemed to be fine (except that the folders I had in my old Evernote were not re-created).

After quitting/re-opening Evernote, it wants me to login. I enter my credentials, then I'm stuck. See screenshot below.

What am I to do now? Any help is very much appreciated.

Best,

Ugur

image.png.b0a8a593f03e8ebd6c207b674728489a.png

Obviously the import (of my previous 13k notes) caused trouble.

Installed the legacy version of Evernote, imported my previous 13k notes, waited for the legacy version to upload all notes, reinstalled the latest version of Evernote, login worked now.

• Level 5

13K notes is a lot, since the new app needs to sync it all with the server. I think it did still work on it when you tried to access your data.

The note-notebook information is no part of the ENEX data structure. Thus even if it is possible to export all notes with legacy, it is not advisable. You end up with all notes on a heap. When you export by the notebook (which is the standard in the v10 app), the file gets the notebook name. When you import, each ENEX-file is creating a new notebook with that name, and puts the notes inside.

In general importing is better done in chucks of data - or you need a lot of patience while it rebuilds everything.

In most cases it is not necessary to export and use the reimport. Just let the account slip to Free - it will still hold all notes. Once a new device gets synced with it (caution with the device limit, unsync all but 1 device before leaving the subscription), it will download from the server.