(Archived) Ability to have Folders of some sort?

Is there any way to add folders? or are there plans to add it?

For instance, I want to create multiple notebooks like Electronic Equipment, Fun Equipments, DVDs, etc..... and group them all in a folder called "TO BUY" .....??

Notebooks are our equivalent for folders. Currently, the list of notebooks is flat ... there is no hierarchy of notebooks.

You may want to consider using tags for this purpose. You can drag one tag underneath another tag to create a hierarchy there.

The hierarchical properties of tags is a significant feature in EN3, IMHO. I actually discovered it by accident, now I have four (4) Notebooks, each with it's own primary tag.

For example:

My Work Notebook has ~Work~ as it's umbrella tag, then all the tags underneath are set to Work-Review, Work-Done, Work-Customer, etc. When adding new tags to a note, such as the Work-Review tag, I just start typing "rev ..." in the tag name and it picks up the appropriate tag without having to type in the "work" prefix first.

A very great feature and improvement over EN2.

I just start typing "rev ..." in the tag name and it picks up the appropriate tag without having to type in the "work" prefix first.

Just to be fair - this is in EN2. In EN2 tags are hierarchical and when you want to tag a note, and begin to type a tag name, it finds any tags that contain the text you are entering, no need to know the exact tag name, or to start with the beginning of the tag.

I just start typing "rev ..." in the tag name and it picks up the appropriate tag without having to type in the "work" prefix first.

Just to be fair - this is in EN2. In EN2 tags are hierarchical and when you want to tag a note, and begin to type a tag name, it finds any tags that contain the text you are entering, no need to know the exact tag name, or to start with the beginning of the tag.

I never picked up on that in EN2; AND, it was working in EN3 up until today's (May 8, 2008) update to EN3.

Now it does not work the same way ;) Can we get this functionality back?

EN3 appears to be reading the tags in a strict left-to-right search criteria only now.

Archived