The thumbnail is not displayed

S256
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

If work with a web clipper in the form of a bookmark, a thumbnail will not be displayed.

This symptom was not a problem until the note was saved on November 28, but has been occurring since the note was saved on December 6.

Both Chrome and Edge are experiencing the same problem.

What's the solution?

Bug.png

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure that a thumbnail is created in the web clipper. If you clip a 'bookmark' there is no image in the note. You could add an image to the note manually and that should do the trick.

My personal view is that thumbnails are one of a couple issues that still require attention. In v10 once a thumbnail is set it isn't possible to change. Remove all images and the thumbnail is removed. Add an image and the original thumbnail is restored regardless of which images are in the note. At least that was the case earlier. I confess that I haven't checked in the most recent version...

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, S256 said:

If work with a web clipper in the form of a bookmark, a thumbnail will not be displayed.

This symptom was not a problem until the note was saved on November 28, but has been occurring since the note was saved on December 6.

I can reproduce this problem. To illustrate the point here is a screen shot of a "bookmark" taken on 14 Nov

image.thumb.png.65d2124e045f9f325748834a88d884d8.png

The same bookmark taken today

image.thumb.png.2be2e3f6a648b3ec9622e11e5abf41ea.png

Together with problems documented elsewhere about all links in clipped articles being replaced with a link to the article itself, the current version of the webclipper seems to have some serious issues

image.png.817e423c4a52ece3c6b74c8e915b1b8f.png

• Thanks 1
  • Solution
On 12/17/2021 at 8:42 AM, Mike P said:

Together with problems documented elsewhere about all links in clipped articles being replaced with a link to the article itself, the current version of the webclipper seems to have some serious issues

@S256Completely gave up with Supports ability to deal with my links issue so manually reverted back  to Chrome webclipper version 7.16. It not only solved the links problem but this issue as well.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Mike P said:

@S256Completely gave up with Supports ability to deal with my links issue so manually reverted back  to Chrome webclipper version 7.16. It not only solved the links problem but this issue as well.

Thank you for your solution!
I also downgraded to 7.16, solving this problem.