Copy (for paste) of an embedded image in a note is a dismal problem

Here's the scenario:

I have a note that has, in addition to typed text, an embedded image.

Using the iOS version, I would like to copy just that image, and then paste it into a text message to someone.

When I press and hold the image, I do see the blue border and the little "handles" appear.  Upon release, I anticipate seeing the usual 'Copy | Select All | Look Up' but... that FLASHES briefly, and the entire note its now in edit mode.  Now, it is not even possible to select and copy that same image.  I am only allowed to select and copy my own text.

This is a super irritating bug.  Please try and fix it on the next release.

And yes, I am updated to the most current app.  

Thank you.

Evernote copy and paste functionality is horrendous.  Even the Windows version doesn't allow you to copy images to the clipboard, copying any part of a notes that contain an image, or even just the image itself, results in a blank box when pasted in elsewhere, it's incredible frustrating.  I've started using Microsoft OneNote for storing my templates as they copy and paste fine from that app to Gmail/Outlook etc.

At least on the iOS version you can copy and image, just tap it, tap the 3 dots (lower right), then Share, then Copy.  I can then paste it in elsewhere.  What I can't do is select a bunch of text and images together and then copy, that just results in the same white box as the Windows client!