automatic text replacement

I can`t find the solution of my problem. When I write something in existing paragraph sometimes cursor highlights next sign and erase all next text. So new text replace old, but I want to add new info not replace. I try to put away this highlight, but it is anywhere where I click. I just want to change existing paragraphs without getting on my nerves.

• Level 5

On a Windows system this is often related to the INS (insert)key on the keyboard. It toggles between insertion and overwriting mode, not only in EN.

You usually find it between the main keys and the number block. When toggled accidentally, you may not have noticed you changed the behavior yourself. Just find it and see how you can switch between both modes.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problems and can’t find the solution. E. g. when I like to write some notes with matchboxes for to do’s and the program is hardly switching between the lines by replacing my notes with older notes or deleting or copying 2-3 times. Even when I do nothing the program is flipping around. This bug makes me crazy. What I did so far to fix the problem is:

1) to check, if it is the newest version (10.41)

2) to login again

3) to delete and install the app

4) to open a new note

A other ideas?

Andy

PS: I have an IPhone 13 Pro 

• Level 5

The subform is called "Evernote for Windows" - you write about an iPhone, and list a "latest client number" that corresponds with a mobile client. Windows is already at 10.46.

So, we are talking about an iPhone, and the EN iOS client.

You say you write notes with checkboxes. How do you do this ? I mean, writing and inserting checkboxes ? There are several ways to achieve it, and it may play a role how you do it in your specific case.

Checkboxes have been pretty much retired from the app - and they are not meant to be used for lists any more. Have you tried the more modern "checklist" formatting introduced with v10 ?

• Thanks 1

126F3D97-2A33-46D5-AAB6-48B2F863310E.thumb.jpeg.9510c763e4afad005da439b3c263e73b.jpeg
Hi Pink-Elephant, thank you so much for your answer and sorry for my mistaken with the group. As you can see above, I meant these purple matchboxes. The text is in German. :-)

It took 4 attempts to write these two notes.  The cursor kept going back, deleting letters and replacing them with the initials. A few times notes had connected and sometimes in the middle of the text.