Evernote not Exporting PDF

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Last night, my Evernote wasn't exporting my 1-page notes, into a 1-page PDF. For some reason, the table's 1 column and 2nd column were beneath each other instead of beside each other. 

Today, it won't export at all. See attached Screenshot. 

I urgently need this rectified, as I need these notes for work. Please can someone help. 

I'm using the Desktop App on my Macbook Pro. See below for Mac iOS version etc. 

Thanks a mil!

Bonita 

1496411685_Screenshot2021-11-25at10_00_15.png.49fbfdbf0c62ce329eddc1849625cf83.png250301632_Screenshot2021-11-25at09_57_08.thumb.png.cc58c00504ca64d4a2e1ac6e897625a1.png

• Level 5

There seems to be a bug in the pdf creation when using the export as pdf feature in EN. It places table columns one under the other, as you described.

When you use the standard „print to pdf“ option build into the Mac, it creates a normal pdf with the columns side by side. It will just truncate to the right when the table is too wide to fit into the page.

Thanks for your reply PinkElephant!  That's really crappy for an app that we're paying for?  Not really great. 

I can't print it, and don't want to print is, as I need it to be digital. This could be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't get resolved...

Thanks for your efforts though.

• Level 5
  • Solution

You don’t print. You use the Macs printing process to create a pdf.

You choose Print Note, the Print dialogue box opens. At the bottom in the middle is a small „PDF“ button. Click it, a submenu opens and allows to specify where to send the pdf. The “print“ will never see a paper, it goes as a pdf right where you send it.

This ability is build into MacOS. EN does not need to spend dev hours on something the Mac can do anyhow. I prefer they use the devs for unique features.

For example to fix the treatment of tables in their own pdf export.

• Like 1

Thank again @PinkElephant I see what you mean now and got it working that way.  It's just another layer of clicking that seems a bit laborious, especially for a paid app. Streamlining these features, in my opinion, would help to make it more user friendly.  And I agree, fixing treatment of tables in their own PDF should be priority. Thanks again for the help!! 🙏🏻

• Like 1

This was working fine when I exported a table 2 weeks ago and now, I'm getting the same result of columns stacked on top of each other. One of the things I use Evernote for is my weekly work flow/agenda. I've used it for 10+ years and this is making is unusable. I just want to print the note! Exporting to PDF was already an extra step/effort wasted. Now it's completely broken. I am using on Windows.

• Like 1

Yea, I feel the same way.  If you deleted the Evernote App I downloaded from the Apple Store, then downloaded it from their website and reinstalled. All in the cloud and safe. That helped with exporting to PDF, but the tables are all still messed up. I'm done. It's meant to be more efficient, not make it harder.