Automatic Update does not work

Please stop offering an automatic Update to new versions, as it does not work.

My observation: Installation via the prompted message does work and the new Evernote version starts presenting the updates of this version.

After restarting my computer and starting Evernote the old version is active again, and I am again prompted to upgrade.

The only way to install the new version is to manually download the new version and then install it under my Admin-login.

If you cannot overcome this issue, please stop offering it or at least offer an option to not being prompted in the future.

• Evernote Expert

@ufrei You're talking to other users here - at least most of the time - and we aren't offering you anything ;)

I seem to recall that this was an issue reported sometime back by a few users and the fix was to completely uninstall the Evernote application ensuring that the data and program directories were removed then start from the beginning and reinstall the latest version.

Even then the update process seems to be slow for some users and many of us choose to manually upgrade. But the reverting to the previous version you report was usually fixed by a complete uninstall.  Many of us use the Revo Uninstaller program to get the clean out needed. There are others or you can use the default Windows unistall and then check that %AppData%\Evernote and %LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote directories and also deleted before the reinstall.

• Like 2