“Notes” panel auto-collapse and Home screen real estate use

Hello! Couple of things that have bugged me a bit since the design update. 

Issue 1: Notes panel

Use case: I want to be able to search for a note and select it while remaining in the context of my full notes list after I open the note and exit search. Your previous design worked much better for this. 

Current behavior: Notes panel auto-collapses upon performing a search and selecting a result, and there’s no way to double click the note to open it in a new window. When you click “notes” to reopen the panel, the note you just located via search is lost again. To get around this, you have to update the note so it appears at the top of your list when you re-open the notes panel.

This is an irritant many times per day. Please stop auto-collapsing the notes panel, or give me an easy way to re-open it without losing the note I just found via search. 

Issue 2: New Home Screen

All I want is the list of my notes when I log in, not an extra click to get to them. Can we change our default to not land on the Home Screen? (Customization options for Home screen widgets don’t allow this either)

Thanks for listening.

• Level 5

Just tried what happens: My notes panel is not collapsing. It switches to show a list of notes found, instead of the general notes view. But this is OK for me.

One right click on a note in the search result allows to open it in a new window.

About Home: On my Mac EN opens in the same view I had when I left the app the last time. So as long as you stay logged in, there should be no problem with avoiding the Home screen. Only when you make a fresh login, it will invariably show.

Hi, thanks for the response. It shows a list of notes as search results as long as you don’t click on one of the auto-suggestions. If you click on one of those, it will collapse the Notes panel. 

• Like 1