Account hacked?

So today I woke up and saw an email that my account has been accessed from Ontario Canada. Ofcourse I freaked out. then went on to change my password. Then I checked my access history. i could not believe it. from so many different country IP have actually successfully accesed my account. on the same day. dont blame me but i have not been using 2 step verification. I thought I had it. but I mostly been using desktop version so I dont even log in or anything.

So What should I do?

access history.JPG

• Level 5

This means that login data of yours appears in these 2 breaches. The data circulates in the dark net and can be purchased by hackers.

They will then try these logins (plus variations of it) on a number of other services, like EN.

You are especially in danger if you are using the same or similar passwords on different services. In this case expect hacking at other accounts as well, like Facebook, Google, mail providers etc.

The hackers run the attacks in automatic mode. The IP address tells nothing, bad guys use VPNs and other means to cloak their location.

You need to change your passwords wherever you reused it. Get a password manager, to generate good, strong and random passwords, and keep track of them. Activate 2FA wherever it is available.

• Like 1