Code Color Syntax Highlighting and Text Font Styles

Jaymark

Idea

For programming notes, it would be helpful if there's is some automatic code detection and color syntax highlighting for the code block feature, and also some keyboard shortcuts integration. Available fonts in Evernote web is also limited and has no way of adding and customization.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The editor just got that major overhaul - I doubt there will be such an extension of the editor.

There is the code block feature (which automatically sets the font to monospaced-and-that-is-it).

Personally I use COT Editor on the Mac as code editor, and save the files into EN notes.

Since the forum is user2user, you can send your idea by the feedback function right to EN PM.

Since the forum is user2user, you can send your idea by the feedback function right to EN PM.

On 10/5/2021 at 5:04 AM, PinkElephant said:

@PinkElephant This is my first visit to the forum.  How do I send feedback directly to EN? When I click on 

< Go to idea listing

at the bottom of this page, the title says:

“Evernote Web Client Requests”

I’m using iOS, not the web client. 

• Level 5

In iOS you find the feedback option in the App in Settings / Support / Send Feedback.

They first take you through a standard survey, and then ask you for comments. There you can post it. No answer, but they promised to read it all.