Missing note content

sebad90
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

Hello

I have one note shared with my wife. Yesterday she updated the note (added new texts to the note).

And today suddenly something happend and our note has an editing date from 12nd September. I don't know what happend but it looks like everything what we added to the note between 12nd September until 30th September is deleted...

Please help! How can I restore the note? I checked the bin and our note is not there.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

There is note history running on every account in EN. Access is a subscribers feature.

Through note history older versions of a note can be reviewed and restored. Either they replace the current version, or you save an older version as a new copy. It is found in the note information menu.

If the content is not found in note history, you need to contact support.

• Thanks 1

Hello

Thank you for your answer. I bought a premium plan for a month and recovered the note. Everything is fine right now. 

The only problem is that I need to pay to restore my data which was missing and it was not my fault. Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Ridiculous - that they keep this versioning service running all the time without making you pay for it. Could at least be my point of view, because I paid with my subscription your safety net. But don’t worry, I am fine you got the missing content back.

To avoid something similar: Keep notes short,  make sure not to have it open on more than one device at any time. 

You may ask: What is then the sense of sharing notes ? Good point, you have a month left to ask support about it.

• Haha 1

Yeah I understand your point of view. I don't need anything more form an app such a Evernote just to have the place where I can make some notes and share them to the other ones. 2 devices are enough for me so I don't need anything more than Free plan. 

I would have recommended Evernote to everyone but after their yesterday's fault I am one step closer to change to Google Keep. 

Thank you for your advices very much :)

• Like 2