The Evernote application, and opening notes, always opens in fullscreen mode on Mac OS Big Sur

Every time I open Evernote, it defaults to full-screen mode, on my 2019 MacBook Pro using Mac OS Big Sur using 10.19.2-mac-ddl-public (2852) Editor: v129.0.16448 Service: v1.38.1 .

The only way to exit full-screen is to click the green radio button to exit full-screen. I can't seem to find any function or "power key" combinations that will exit full-screen, without using my trackpad to click the green radio button and exit full-screen. 

This situation is exacerbated by the fact that even once I exit full-screen, opening new/old notes reverts to full-screen, requiring me to again click the green radio button.

While for some, defaulting to full-screen might be a good thing, for those using more than one monitor (like me) this is a total pain-in-the-neck and significantly reduces my productivity.

It's nice having the ability to enter full-screen mode, but I'm not likely to ever use full-screen for Evernote. Possibly, there could be a preference check-box to turn-off this "feature"? Better yet, default to a normal screen and allow users who require full-screen to allow them to turn it on themselves.

Thank you!!

Teddy Alfrey

• Level 5

Something is wrong with your install.

Have you yet tried log out and back in ?

If this doesn’t help, go to the Evernote menu, preferences, and uncheck „Keep data on leaving“. Then log out, quit the client and restart the Mac.

Open EN, log in. Done ?