Around 2 weeks of notes missing

Go to solution Solved by Stephen Hiscox,

All my notes after 14th July are missing from the new version of Evernote. The notes are present in Evernote Legacy, the IOS version and online – but not in version 10.17.8 (I'm using MacOS 10.15.7)

I use Legacy most of the time – because the new version is so terrible. I don't need all the shiny new functionality, if the basic functionality doesn't work – and it eats up my CPU. (The mobile versions are not much better – I can't think of any other app that tells me, "We're updating your database, this could take a few minutes," when I open it.) I've been a Premium user for around 10 years – but now I'm looking for alternatives.

Nevertheless, I'd be grateful for any solutions to this problem.

• Level 5

Open the Mac EN client. In settings (EN menu), disable the "Keep data when leaving..." option.

Log out, quit the client. Restart the Mac.

Open EN, log in. Now working ? Then you can switch the option back on.

If not, it is a full reinstall, or support.

7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Open the Mac EN client. In settings (EN menu), disable the "Keep data when leaving..." option.

Log out, quit the client. Restart the Mac.

Open EN, log in. Now working ? Then you can switch the option back on.

If not, it is a full reinstall, or support.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need some help. What's the Mac EN client, and how do I get to it?

Cheers

Stephen

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Since you posted in the subform for the new Mac client, I assumed you have one. If not, wouldn't do you any good: You need a Mac computer to run it.

What clients do you use ?

Isn't this the forum for "Evernote for Mac Issues (Versions 10.0 and above)"? (Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.) I am working on a Mac. As I wrote, I'm using Evernote version 10.17.8 in MacOS 10.15.7. 

But what's a "client?

49 minutes ago, Stephen Hiscox said:

Isn't this the forum for "Evernote for Mac Issues (Versions 10.0 and above)"? (Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.) I am working on a Mac. As I wrote, I'm using Evernote version 10.17.8 in MacOS 10.15.7. 

But what's a "client?

Okay, I've got you now – by "client" you mean the app. I did that, and it worked! Thanks!

• Level 5

The client is the app on which you are using EN on your Mac. You should update yours, the actual version is 10.18.3.

The client connects to a server, in the cloud. This is where your notes are stored.

If the notes are in legacy and in other clients (like the iOS app), but not on the Mac, there is a problem on the Mac with the server connection. The procedure above should fix it.

First update the app. Then follow the procedure I posted above.

Would be nice if you come back whether it solved the problem.

• Solution
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

The client is the app on which you are using EN on your Mac. You should update yours, the actual version is 10.18.3.

The client connects to a server, in the cloud. This is where your notes are stored.

If the notes are in legacy and in other clients (like the iOS app), but not on the Mac, there is a problem on the Mac with the server connection. The procedure above should fix it.

First update the app. Then follow the procedure I posted above.

Would be nice if you come back whether it solved the problem.

That's kind of weird as I always keep the apps up-to-date when the apple app store reminds me – updated on 25.7 to 10.17.8. Whatever – I've now updated to the latest version.

Yes, as I said above, I followed the procedure you suggested and it worked. Thanks again!

Maybe I'll give the new version another chance – but as I said, I've been pretty dissatisfied with it up until now (after being a happy Evernote user for years).

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The new version has its ups and down. A longtime user will feel differently when using it from somebody who just joined.

Since recently with Home and Tasks there are new features not available in legacy. I think the client decision depends as well on whether you use them or not.

• Like 1